The main drivers of companies to remain competitive today are training and coaching.
In a context marked by crisis, generational change, technological influence and loss of human and social values, it is essential for organizations to keep their employees up-to-date, investing in the development of their skills and mental flexibility.
Training and coaching allow companies to motivate employees and create the conditions to foster the integration of hard skills related to the know-how, and soft skills, related to the interaction with others based on a good self-knowledge.The training process is addressed both to the managerial team and to the employees and favors:
Moreover, a company that invests in the training of its employees indirectly affirms its high social values, such as “professional growth”, “progress”, “well-being”, “understanding” and the “sense of belonging”.
When a company invests in an interpersonal way, planning individual training sessions and coaching meetings, it can count on greater involvement and motivation from the employees and on improving performance and results, generating a competitive advantage.
To achieve concrete results, companies must rely on professionals and must choose carefully their training consultants. Here are the five golden rules for choosing the trainer or the business coach:
– Rule number one: nobody is born a coach but can become one! An expert coach is someone who has a high level professional career behind him, thanks to which he has brought out his talents in the management of human resources and / or business management. He is the one who has lived and integrated experiences and who has gone through changes and transformations of identity. An experienced coach has a wealth of successful experiences that he decides to transfer to other human beings, so he is trained to achieve various diplomas in order to acquire interpersonal, communication and psychology skills also related to the wellbeing in organizations.
– Rule number two: verification of certifications and diplomas. Today coaches and trainers sprout like mushrooms! In fact, it is possible to obtain these titles through training that last even a few weeks. It is essential to check the skills of trainers and coaches who enter the company to train people in order to invest money, time and energy in the best and productive way.
– Rule number three: vital energy! Both the coach and the trainer must have a beautiful aura, a motivating energy that transpires wellbeing and inspires change. Always be wary of polemical professionals, not very flexible and with little vital energy!
– Rule number four: references and testimonials! A good coach or trainer generally has testimonies and references. It is essential to look at his website and social channels to understand his professionalism and customer satisfaction.
– Rule number five: the added value! To become a training professional or an expert coach, it means being in the energy of “giving”, “transferring” and “sharing”. Usually these figures have written books, write blogs, make video tutorials or seminars.
To conclude, a further valuable advice: remember that a good coach or a good trainer is the one who becomes progressively useless!